Ah, summertime and the great outdoors . . . beckoning us to enjoy fresh air, sunshine and company picnics and barbecues.
Teams are hungry for in-person fun after all those months online and apart. Now more than ever, your team will be excited to celebrate summer (and each other) as a group-perhaps after a long time away from the office. After all, who doesn’t enjoy sharing good times over delicious food and games with goofy prizes?
Last year during the pandemic lockdown, when outdoor activities were the safe way to get together, companies were hosting luxury picnics for their teams as a way to keep employees engaged, celebrate milestones, or feel less isolated in the WFH environment. And, by having those off-site corporate gatherings professionally catered, everyone can just show up (frisbees and scavenger hunt lists in hand) for some fun and delicious food, with all the details handled by the caterer.
As noted in this Washington Post article, some of these are grand, full-service picnics with beautiful table settings, flowers, and candles or balloons that are Instagram and Pinterest worthy, while others reveal their upscale nature in the menu selections and service style.
Here are some helpful tips for planning a successful employee event (in addition to calling the caterer).
Corporate and employee benefits of the company picnic
Company outings have always been a great way to get everyone outside, socializing together, for good reasons:
- Employees feel appreciated, which boosts morale – any time but especially now in these post-COVID times.
- The gathering enables everyone there to meet each other’s families or significant others, creating a stronger social bond.
- A day outdoors relaxes and refreshes everyone—and gives them plenty to chat about during those “water cooler” breaks when they’re back in the office.
- Company picnics and parties enhance corporate culture and positivity, and provide team-building opportunities.
- Who doesn’t like a sanctioned day off and out of the office?
Elevate the company picnic experience
Sure, traditional American fare like hot dogs, hamburgers, and corn on the cob are a mainstay of any summer barbecue. But you needn’t be limited to these when you work with a professional caterer who can elevate these corporate events with customized menus and out-of-the-ordinary service options.
Imagine inviting your employees to an outdoor company party that features:
- A buffet table filled with international salads and spreads
- Smokers preparing authentic Southern BBQ ribs
- Clam bakes and grilled fish/seafood
- Carnival-style dessert stations and homemade baked goods
- Interesting kabobs that reflect global cuisine and flavors, from Central America to the Mediterranean
- Vegetarian specialties
- Mixed grill entrees and fresh seasonal side dishes
Full-service catering in the NYC metro area
As teams get back together around northern New Jersey and New York City, Martin + Fitch has been busy arranging workplace celebrations and catered get-togethers for clients at a range of outdoor venues.
The catering pros at Martin + Fitch can help employers create a unique experience for their team by designing themed menus (as well as accommodating special dietary requests). They can also arrange music/entertainment, bring in special décor to go with the venue or surroundings, and handle all the rentals as needed.
Contact us to arrange your corporate event, summer company picnic or other outdoor celebration, and discover how we create extraordinary experiences in every bite. You may call us at NJ: 917-859-0025 or NY: 646-745-0146; or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.